Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Skillet
- 12 oz 93% lean ground turkey
- 29 oz petite diced tomatoes (two 14.5 oz cans)
- 1 medium head green cabbage chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried or fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Heat olive oil in skillet and add chopped onions, diced garlic and ground turkey.
- Once the turkey begins to brown add the canned petite diced tomatoes and cook for 8-10 minutes on medium heat stirring frequently.
- Stir in diced cabbage and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Place skillet in the oven and cook for 10 minutes or until the liquid has thickened and top begins to brown.
- Removed skillet from oven and garnish with fresh parsley.
- Optional: serve with brown rice or quinoa and roasted veggies.
- Note: If you do not have a skillet that is oven safe, transfer the unstuffed cabbage roll mixture into a baking dish before baking.